top of page
specialist referral.jpg
Referrals to other medical specialists

For a referral for treatment by a medical specialist outside our clinic (e.g. obstetrician, cardiologist, vascular surgeon etc) you must first visit your doctor, if you wish Medicare to contribute to your specialist's fees.


Your doctor will assess your medical history, specific health care needs and advise the best specialist for your ongoing treatment. She will also communicate with your specialist following you appointment.

To avoid paying full specialist fees, and for your best health care, we strongly advise you to see you GP for a referral well in advance of your planned specialist appointment.

bottom of page